Mixed results for Bracknell Town, Woodley United held to draw – Reading Today Online

Swindon Supermarine v Bracknell Town Pictures: John Leakey

Southern League Premier South

BRACKNELL TOWN responded from their away loss at Swindon Supermarine on Saturday with a convincing Boxing Day victory over Walton & Hersham.

The Robins, now under the management of Jordan Ive after previous management duo James McClurg and Carl Withers stopped down from their positions, had mixed results in his first two matches in charge.

Bracknell made a fine start on their trip to Swindon and went ahead when Max Herbert put the visitors in front.

With a half-time lead to protect, it was a different story in the second-half as Swindon hit back with three goals to take the points.


The Robins replied in their next match, hosting Walton & Hersham. Haydon Vaughan scored the opening goal of the game to net his first goal in Bracknell colours.

Bracknell doubled their advantage before the break when Jordan Esprit netted.

A third Bracknell goal, and a second from Esprit, sealed the game to put Bracknell in 10th on 32 points from 22 games.

Isthmian South Central

ASCOT UNITED picked up a point on the road at Uxbridge.

The Yellas drew first blood when Oliver Harris scored in the 38th minute, but the hosts replied late on to rescue a point in the 88th minute which leaves Ascot in 13th position on 20 points from 19 games.

Combined Counties Division One
led their lead slip as they had to settle for a point in their home clash with Penn & Tylers Green.

Woodley won a number of corners early in the game with the closest they came to opening the scoring being in the third minute when Mark Williams’ header from Connor Richardson’s kick was blocked as it went goalwards.

Woodley United v Penn & Tylers Pictures: Andrew Batt

As the first half was coming to an end, in which Woodley’s Killian Barrett had little to do in goal, Tahir Carmichael ran at the defence only to be felled by a challenge that saw the referee wave away claims for a penalty kick and allow play to continue.

The second half saw greater tempo from the home team that saw Luca Albanese shoot over the crossbar, Mackenzie Creech go wide and Butcher scramble the ball clear on his goal line despite claims it had entered the goal first.

Woodley took the lead when Richardson won a free-kick, which he took quickly finding substitute Kevin DeBarros unmarked and who entered the penalty area and calmly slotted the ball past the advancing Butcher four minutes after replacing Albanese.

The lead was short lived as with six minutes of normal time remaining, Penn worked the ball into Woodley’s penalty area following a throw in, where Carmichael’s challenge resulted in a Penn player being fouled. Charlie Losasso dispatched the spot kick to level the scores.

With nine minutes added time played United were the dominant team looking to score, but the closest they came was in the 98th minute when Butcher scrambled Mo Davies’ shot to safety.

EVERSLEY & CALIFORNIA were on the end of a narrow loss at Windsor.

The Boars had been in front at half-time through Max Lashchok’s header, but Windsor replied with two second-half goals to take the win.

Windsor v Eversley & California Pictures: Richard Milam


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *